Following the success of our original Commission Mission in May 2020, YGN is delighted to offer another opportunity for young writers in the music industry.
With the generous support of the Youth Music Incubator Fund, we are looking to commission four articles based on the Return to Live Music in a Post-Covid World.
Deadline for Pitches: Friday 1st October
Length: 1000-2000 words
Focus: Returning to the Live Music Industry Post-Covid
When live music suffers, the whole music industry suffers - and the impact of COVID was felt across the entire music industry due to the halting of events. Live music made up 80% of music creators’ income pre-pandemic, and gigs provide huge economic, social and cultural value within the UK.
We are looking for fresh perspectives on the return to live music, to help inspire, educate and interest young people moving forward. Some examples may include:
- Navigating anxieties and stresses regarding returning to performance
- Putting on your own gigs post lockdown
- Interviews with industry experts
- Onstage, backstage and audience perspectives
- Relevant topical ‘thought pieces’
- Covid concerns and their impact on event planning
Examples of previous Commission Mission articles:
Submit your idea using this Google Form by Friday 1st October and include the following:
- A draft title (can be refined later, to give us an idea of the focus of your piece)
- Maximum 100-word pitch (an outline of the main points of your piece and the overall conclusion)
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Full Name